All resources and services remain uninterrupted at Galter Library and have transitioned to remote workflows. Learn more about how to access resources, services, and classes.
The Galter Library team has developed and launched a number of resources and workflows to support COVID-19 efforts at Northwestern University:
COVID-19 Evidence Search & Synthesis Service
- Fast-track COVID-19 searches on topics such as healthcare workforce safety, patient care, materials science, policy, supply chains, ethics, legal and regulatory issues, media, and more.
- Requests are completed by expert searchers from Galter Library, Northwestern University Libraries, and Pritzker Legal Research Center through a strong cross-campus collaboration. Searches will be prioritized based on urgency. Results from completed searches are available.
- Evidence synthesis briefs can be requested and will be completed by a team of volunteers on campus with experience in these domains. We’re grateful for their assistance.
Access the Literature
- A COVID-19 Relevant Papers folder on Google Drive (papers and guidelines) has been established and is actively curated by Galter librarians. If you know of a paper you’d like to add, please use our “Suggest a Resource“ form.
- Through the Public Health Emergency COVID-19 Initiative, COVID-19 and coronavirus-related publications, and the available data supporting them, will be made immediately accessible in PubMed Central (PMC) and other appropriate public repositories to support the ongoing public health emergency response efforts. Several publishers have responded to the call and are working with NLM to make their coronavirus-related articles discoverable and accessible through PMC and facilitate text mining and secondary analysis through machine-readable formats and licenses.
- View the latest articles and research resources in the COVID-19 Resource Guide.
Find COVID-19 Resources
- The Northwestern COVID-19 Resource Guide is now available, containing the latest COVID-19 content, tools, data, and relevant scholarly resources from a wide range of publishers and content providers curated by Galter Library. Use the “Suggest a Resource“ form to suggest tools, data aggregators, dashboards, etc. to include on the guide.
Preserve and Share
- Help facilitate sharing and information discovery through the Chicago COVID-19 Collection. This is a great way to share datasets, analyses, visualizations, white papers, slides, etc. relevant to COVID-19 activities and track access/use of your materials. All materials, regardless of collection, are discoverable through Zenodo.
- Upload your research materials directly to the collection (first sign in or create a Zenodo account) or fill out the form for assistance with deposit.
If you have questions about these or any other Galter Library services and resources, please reach out. Right now, email is the best way to contact us. Stay safe and healthy!
Updated: April 21, 2020