Scan Books and Documents Using BookScan
Fast scanning for books and documents is now available.
A BookScan station is located in the Learning Resources Center (behind the counter towards the back/classroom).
How to use the BookScan station
- To scan a document, begin by tapping the screen of the BookScan station.
- Select the scanning device you wish to use. If you are scanning a bound document, select the flatbed scanner. If you are scanning loose sheets, select the scanner with the document feed. Then tap "Next."
- Select one of the three destinations for your scanned document: a USB drive, Google Docs, or email. Then tap "Next."
- Read the copyright and maximum file size notifications and tap on "Accept."
- Select your preferred file format, color mode, and resolution. BookScan defaults to PDF, black & white, and standard resolution. To minimize the size of the scanned document, select "Photo Quality." Then tap "Next."
- Read the instructions on the screen for scanning your document and tap "Next."
- Scan your document, and tap on "Send" when you are finished.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save or email your scanned document.
Note: the BookScan station replaces the photocopiers in the library.
Updated: June 6th, 2012 11:48