ClinicalKey offers access to thousands of Elsevier eBook and journal titles, along with point-of-care information from First Consult. There is now an app available (Android and Apple) which makes accessing ClinicalKey content even easier for mobile device users.
Before using the Clinical Key Mobile app you will need to create a Clinical Key account and activate remote access.
- Go to ClinicalKey via the Galter website
- Select Register in the upper right hand corner
- Fill out the registration form, using your Northwestern email address as your username.
Next, to access the ClinicalKey app when you are off the Northwestern network, you will need to ensure that your account is properly configured for remote access.
- Open ClinicalKey via the Galter website and sign in to your account
- Click on your name in the upper right and click the “Remote Access” link
- Enter your Northwestern email address (it should be the same one you used to create an account)
- A confirmation email will be sent to you. Once you receive it, click the “Activate your remote access” link.
- ClinicalKey will display a confirmation that remote access is complete and will prompt you to log in.
- Complete your login process. Remote access is now enabled.
Please note that you will need to log-in to the app while on the Northwestern network periodically in order to maintain remote access.
Now you can download the Clinical Key app:
- Open the App Store on your mobile device (Available in Google Play for Android devices, and iTunes for Apple devices)
- Search for “ClinicalKey” and install the free app
- Log-in to the app using the username/password you selected earlier. The username should be your Northwestern email address.
- Once in the app, two options will appear – ClinicalKey and ClinicalKey for Nursing – choose ClinicalKey
- If you are prompted to select a regional version, choose Global
- The search box performs a search on all resources. To find Clinics and eBooks by title, choose the menu in the left corner and select Browse. Chose to browse Books, Journals, Multimedia or Procedures Consult.
Please note that you must have an internet connection in order to use the ClinicalKey app.
Updated: June 19th, 2017 14:18