UpToDate mobile and remote access is now available to all Northwestern Medicine clinicians and students.
Northwestern clinicians can register when accessing UpToDate through the integrated link in Cerner. Students and users not accessing through Epic can register on the UpToDate website. Here are a number of important reasons why you should:
- Free UpToDate Mobile App for your iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ or Windows 8 devices.
- Fast and easy access to UpToDate by logging in from any computer with an Internet connection. With your user name and password you’ll get the clinical information you need from home, the office or wherever you are.*
- Effortless CME credits when you research a clinical question using UpToDate onsite or remotely – including on your mobile device.
* Our UpToDate license does not include MobileComplete.
Please note: If you are already registered with UpToDate, please use UpToDate once via Cerner or Epic before you download and use the Mobile Application.
Registration outside of Epic
If you do not have access to Epic OR if you do not see the UpToDate link in Epic, you can still register for UpToDate mobile access by signing in through the Galter Library home page.
- Go to the home page and click UpToDate under Popular Resources
- Log in with your NetID
- Log in to your UpToDate account. If you don't have one, click My Account or CME in the top menu to create one.
- After your first login, you will receive an email with instructions on downloading the mobile app.
Forgot your Username or Password? Contact UpToDate Customer Service: 1-800-998-6374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Using UpToDate Off-site
In addition to the mobile device, with the credentials that you created during the registration process, you can now access UpToDate from any computer with internet access, i.e. you do not need to be on site or sign into the Galter Library website. Simply go www.uptodate.com from any web browser and click the “Log In” button located in the top right corner of the website.
30 Day Re-verification Required
You need to verify affiliation with Northwestern Medicine to maintain mobile and remote access. Complete verification once every 30 days in one of these ways:
- Use UpToDate via Epic or Cerner at least once every 30 days. This will automatically re-verify your affiliation and you will not receive any re-verification messaging. This method requires no UpToDate log in.
- Log into UpToDate by going to www.uptodate.com from a computer or device connected to NU/NMH's network. This method requires you to log in to UpToDate using the user name/password you created during the registration process.
Please Note: In-application and email messaging will inform you of the need to verify affiliation if you have not done so by day 25. If you fail to re-verify by day 30, you will lose mobile and remote access. To regain access, please complete the re-verification process outlined above.
Updated: May 4th, 2018 16:23