Galter Library staff have been publishing, presenting, and contributing to their profession in big ways over the last several months. Here's a taste of what we've been up to.
Papers and Publications (Galter authors in bold)
- Clare SE, Shaw PL. “Big Data” for breast cancer: where to look and what you will find. npj Breast Cancer 2016;2:16031-. PMCID: PMC5289822.
- Fort DG, Herr TM, Shaw PL, Gutzman KE, Starren JB. Mapping the evolving definitions of translational research. Journal of Clinical and Translational Science 2017:1-7.
- Blair KJ, Paladino L, Shaw P, Schuetz SJ, Shapiro MB, Nwomeh BC, Swaroop M. Surgical and trauma care in low- and middle-income countries: A review of capacity assessments. Journal of Surgical Research 2017;210:139-51.
- Shaw PL. Providing literature support as part of the biomedical research team. Library Connect (electronic newsletter). 2017; Feb. 27.
- Matthews LR, O'Dwyer L, O'Neill E. Intrauterine Device Insertion Failure after Misoprostol Administration. Obstetrics and Gynecology 2016;128(5):1084-1091
- Messbarger, M, Archival Issues [book review in press 2017] Out of the Closet, Into The Archives.
- Ilik V. Report of the ALCTS/LITA Linked Library Data Interest Group Meeting. American Library Association Annual Conference. Orlando, June 2016. Technical Services Quarterly. 2017;34(1): 95-104. doi:10.1080/07317131.2017.1238211
- Twiss-Brooks AB, Andrade R, Bass MB, Kern B, Peterson J, Werner DA. A day in the life of third-year medical students: using an ethnographic method to understand information seeking and use. Journal of the Medical Library Association: JMLA. 2017;105(1):12-19. doi:10.5195/jmla.2017.95.
Presentations and Workshops
- Joelen Pastva, Metadata Librarian, gave a webinar through ALA’s Association for Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS) on Using FAST for faster workflows and Discovery (September 2016).
- Pamela Shaw, Biosciences & Bioinformatics Librarian, presented on Mendeley as a solution for long-distance collaboration, Mendeley Certification Program for Librarians Webinar Series (February 2017).
- Violeta Ilik, Head, Digital Systems and Collection Services, presented on Beyond the Manuscript: Using IRs for Non-traditional Content Types. Chicago, Illinois, United States: Galter Health Sciences Library, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 2017. NISO Virtual Conference: Institutional Repositories: Ensuring Yours is Populated, Useful and Thriving. February 15, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.18131/G3VP6R.
- Violeta Ilik, with John Riemer and PCC Task Group on Identity Management in NACO, presented on Authority Control’ see (also) ‘Identity Management. LITA/ALCTS Authority Control Interest Group. American Library Association Midwinter Meeting, Atlanta, GA, January 22, 2017.
New Staff at Galter
Corinne Miller joined us from Rush University in October 2016, taking on the position of Clinical Informationist. She is working closely with Senior Clinical Informationist, Jonna Peterson to expand the Galter Library clinical information support services.
Katie Lattal was hired as the Special Collections Librarian in December 2016, after serving as the temporary Special Projects Assistant. Katie has an extensive background in Special Collections through her experience in libraries, museums, academia, and administration.
Ramune Kubilius is on the planning committees of two upcoming professional conferences: the 37th Annual Charleston Conference - Issues in Book and Serial Acquisition (scheduled to take place in Charleston, SC, November 6-10, 2017) and the Health Science Librarians of Illinois (HSLI) annual meeting (scheduled to take place in Bloomington, IL, October 25-27, 2017).
Updated: March 13th, 2017 11:04