Galter Health Sciences Library would like to extend a warm welcome to all new students who have just joined us here at Northwestern University. Here are some quick answers to get you situated quickly:
- Study areas are available throughout the library including: the Reference Room, Learning Resources Center (LRC), and the study bar behind the main stacks on Level 1; the West Reading Room and Dollie’s Corner on Level 2. Level 2 is a designated quiet zone.
- You can access the wireless network from most locations in the library.
- Printing is available in the Reference Room, LRC, and on Level 2. Costs are 10 cents per double-sided sheet for black and white; 7 cents for single-sided black and white; 25 cents for color.
- Scanning is available in the LRC. Use either the BookScan station or the scanners attached to computers with Adobe Professional.
- Off-campus access to library Web resources is possible by signing in to the Galter Health Sciences Library website. Create a library website account now.
- Conference rooms in the LRC and on Level 2 can be reserved for group study. Stop at the front desk to make a reservation.
- Textbooks required for classes are on reserve at the Circulation Desk, many of them are also online (see the Phase 1 Reading List); Electronic article reserves are available through eMerg.
- Get literature search help from a librarian.
Here are some useful web pages:
- About Us: Find out about hours, library computing, and general information on the library.
- New Library User FAQs: Questions geared to the needs of the new user.
- Library Classes: Take a class on EndNote, MEDLINE, and more.
- Technical Support for Medical Students: assistance from Feinberg Management Information Systems with NU email, NetID, and typical computer problems.
- Technical Support for Non-Medical Students: assistance from NUIT.
Here are some guides to help you find resources:
Updated: July 31st, 2018 15:40