The Galter Health Sciences Library provides access to biomedical journal literature to alumni, unaffiliated individuals and corporations exclusively via the National Library of Medicine’s (NLM) Loansome Doc program. Information on using Loansome Doc is available on the NLM website.
If you are already affiliated with a library that operates an interlibrary loan service, you should use that service instead of Loansome Doc.
Use of Loansome Doc services provided by the Galter Health Sciences Library requires a completed, signed, and approved Loansome Doc user agreement be on file at the library. Upon approval of a submitted user agreement, the library will provide instructions for ordering via Loansome Doc. Use of this service also requires the user comply with all regulations governing the service.
- Use of Loansome Doc services provided by the Galter Health Sciences Library requires a completed and signed Loansome Doc user agreement be on file at the library.
- Users of this service agree to comply with all regulations governing the service.
- Failure to observe these regulations will result in termination of service.
- Users will notify the library of changes in address both postal and electronic in a timely manner.
- Users must submit requests via an NLM database to insure the journal article’s citation has been verified.
- Once a request is submitted, it can not be canceled by the requestor.
- Requests cost $25.00 per item.
- Users will be billed monthly for all filled requests made that month, terms net 30 days. Users with unpaid invoices 90 past due will have their agreement terminated.
- Requests for articles in the Galter Health Sciences Library’s collection will be completed in 48 hours under normal circumstances excluding holidays and weekends. Requests for items not available at Galter will be filled as quickly as possible but are dependent upon the lending library’s turn around time.
- Users agree to submit no more than 10 requests per day unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Copies of requested articles will be sent via e-mail as an attachment in PDF format. One attached article per e-mail will be the norm.
- Users are responsible for ensuring that their e-mail is able to accept attachments and will keep their PDF software up to date.
- Users will use Loansome Doc to determine the status of and to track the progress of their requests rather than contacting the library.
- The Galter Health Sciences Library did not develop, does not maintain and can not provide technical support for using the Loansome Doc ordering system. User should direct their questions or concerns regarding the use of Loansome Doc or its functionality to the National Library of Medicine.
- Users understand that requests may be subject to copyright restrictions as the Copyright Law of the U.S. (Title 17 USC) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Photocopies or reproductions of copyrighted material may not be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research". This institution reserves the right to refuse a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of the Copyright Law.
- The Galter Health Sciences Library reserves the right to alter its Loansome Doc agreement at any time. The library will notify users of any alterations in a timely manner.
- Users may cancel their agreement with the Galter Health Sciences Library at any time by contacting the library in writing. Users will be responsible for all items requested or billed prior to the cancellation of the agreement.
- The Galter Health Sciences Library will review its list of registered Loansome Doc users on an annual basis. Registered users who have not made use of Loansome Doc services for 12 months will be deleted.
Updated: January 3rd, 2019 12:45