Create an Account
The Galter Library's interlibrary loan system requires Account Creation for first time users. You will be directed to log in with your NetID through NU Online Passport. If you have questions about your NetID, you can contact NUIT at 847-491-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org. Users without NetIDs can contact their departmental NetID administrator to learn how to obtain one. If you don't know who the NetID administrator is for your department, contact the Galter Library by email or call (312) 503-8126.
When creating a new account, affiliates of the Feinberg School of Medicine should choose "Galter Health Sciences Library" as their primary library in their account profile.
Use the new system to:
- request articles and books that the Galter Library does not own (including materials located at NU libraries in Evanston)
- request copies of print articles that the Galter Library owns (if the article is already available electronically, please download it from the library website)
- check the status of your requests
- view and download articles you have requested
Before submitting a request, check NUcat to see if the item is available in a Northwestern Library.
For more information, see the Galter Library's Document Delivery Policies.
Eligibility for Document Delivery Services at Galter Library
Interlibrary loan (ILL) and document delivery services at the Galter Library are available to the following groups at no charge:
- currently-affiliated Feinberg School of Medicine faculty, staff, students*, and residents
- physicians and staff at NMH, RIC, NMFF, and NMPG
- Feinberg School of Medicine faculty at locations other than NMH, RIC, and NMFF
*Students in the MS in Medical Informatics (MMI) and the MS in Clinical Research and Regulatory Administration programs should use the Schaffner Library's Interlibrary Loan services. You can still create an ILL account from this page, but you should choose Distance Education or Schaffner Library as your primary library in the online account profile.
Note for Alumni: Document delivery services for alumni of the Feinberg School of Medicine are available through Loansome Doc.
If you are not a member of one of the above groups and you think you should still have access to document delivery services at the Galter Library, please contact User Services at (312) 503-8126.
Updated: July 10th, 2015 11:04