Q. Eileen Wafford, MSt, MLIS
Phone: (312) 503-5294
As a Research Librarian, I work with faculty, staff, students, and affiliated clinical researchers to provide reference and specialized research services, including assistance with search strategies and systematic reviews. I also collaborate with faculty and other members of the Feinberg School of Medicine community to create and delivery instructional resources, such as guides and presentations on library services and resources.
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5228-8219
|Centers & Institutes|
- Champion KE, Parmenter B, McGowan C, Spring B, Wafford QE, Gardner LA, Thornton L, McBride N, Barrett EL, Teesson M, Newton NC & The Health4Life Team. Effectiveness of school-based eHealth interventions to prevent multiple lifestyle risk behaviours among adolescents: A systematic review and meta-analysis. The Lancet Digital Health. 2019 August 19. DOI: 10.1016/S2589-7500(19)30088-3
- Lattie EG, Adkins EC, Winquist N, Stiles-Shields C, Wafford QE, Graham AK. Digital Mental Health Interventions for Depression, Anxiety, and Enhancement of Psychological Well-Being Among College Students: Systematic Review. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2019 July; 21(7):e12869. doi: 10.2196/12869. PMID: 31333198
- Pritchard K, Edelstein J, Zubrenic E, Tsao L, Pustina K, Berendsen M, Wafford E. Systematic review of orthoses for stroke-induced upper extremity deficits. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation. 2019 April 7;26(5). DOI: 10.1080/10749357.2019.1599172
- Corkum KS, Rhee DS, Wafford QE, Demeestere I, Dasgupta R, Baertschiger R, et al. Fertility and Hormone Preservation and Restoration for Female Children and Adolescents Receiving Gonadotoxic Cancer Treatments: A Systematic Review. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2019 Jan 22. doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2018.12.021
- Stiles-Shields C, Crowe AN, Driscoll CF, Ohanian DM, Stern A, Wartman E, Winning AM, Wafford QE, Lattie EG, Holmbeck GN. A Systematic Review of Behavioral Intervention Technologies for Youth With Chronic Health Conditions and Physical and Intellectual Disabilities: Implications for Adolescents and Young Adults With Spina Bifida. Journal of Pediatric Psychology. 2018 Dec 18. doi: 10.1093/jpepsy/jsy097
- Wright NJ, Langer M, Norman IC, Akhbari M, Wafford QE, Ade-Ajayi N, Davies J, Poenaru D, Sevdalis N, Leather A. Improving outcomes for neonates with gastroschisis in low-income and middle-income countries: a systematic review protocol. BMJ Paediatrics Open. 2018 Dec 1;2(1):e000392. doi: 10.1136/bmjpo-2018-000392
- Lattie EG, Adkins EC, Winquist N, Stiles-Shields C, Wafford QE, Graham AK. Digital mental health interventions for depression, anxiety, and enhancement of psychological well-being among college students: A systematic review. JMIR Preprints. 2018 Nov 20:12869. doi: 10.2196/preprints.12869
- Champion KE, Newton NC, Spring B, Wafford QE, Parmenter BJ, Teesson M. A systematic review of school-based eHealth interventions targeting alcohol use, smoking, physical inactivity, diet, sedentary behaviour and sleep among adolescents: a review protocol. Systematic reviews. 2017 Dec;6(1):246. PMID: 29208040
- Sita TL, Petras KG, Wafford QE, Berendsen MA, Kruser TJ. Radiotherapy for cranial and brain metastases from prostate cancer: a systematic review. Journal of neuro-oncology. 2017 Jul 1;133(3):531-8. PMID: 28547593
- Wafford QE, Peterson J, Murphy P, Shaw P. Managing Multiple Systematic Reviews: Recommended Practices and the Systematic Review Tracking Checklist. Poster presentation. Medical Library Association 119th Annual Meeting and Exhibition. Chicago, IL. May 2019.
- Miller C, Westcott A, Kubilius R, Wafford QE. Development and Validation of a Search Filter in PubMed MEDLINE for Immigrant Health Disparities. Poster presentation. Medical Library Association 119th Annual Meeting and Exhibition. Chicago, IL. May 2019.
- Wafford QE, Miller CH, O'Dwyer, LC. Validating the MEDLINE®/PubMed® Health Disparities and Minority Health Search Strategy. Spotlight: Race and Ethnicity. Poster presentation. Medical Library Association 118th Annual Meeting and Exhibition. Atlanta, GA. May 2018.
- Doe S, Wafford QE, Simon M, Neubauer L. A systematic review of Menstrual Hygiene Management interventions in populations comparable to students of Chicago Public Schools. Poster presentation. Sixth Virtual Conference on Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) in Schools. North Carolina. October 2017.
- Tsao L, Zubrenic E, Pustina K, Edelstein J, Pritchard K, Berendsen M, Wafford QE. Systematic Review of Orthoses for Stroke-Induced Upper Extremity Deficits. Poster presentation. 2017 AOTA Annual Conference & Centennial Celebration, Philadelphia, PA. July 2017.
- Wafford QE. Teaching interns to incorporate PubMed subsets in alternative medicine searches. Webinar. National Network of Libraries of Medicine. August 2017.
- Wafford QE. Bridging the Gap: Dare to Incorporate Citation Analysis in Searching for Literature. Poster presentation. Medical Library Association annual conference. Seattle, WA. May 2017.
- Wafford QE. Access granted: The evolving role of archives and its implication for education. Paper presentation. EGSS conference: (e)Merging Knowledges: Classroom, Community, Culture. Montreal, CA. March 2012.
- Jacobson TA, Kler JS, Hernke MT, Braun RK, Meyer KC, Funk WE. Direct human health risks of increased atmospheric carbon dioxide. Nature Sustainability. 2019.
- Reyes C, Cornelis M. Caffeine in the diet: Country-level consumption and guidelines. Nutrients. 2018 Nov;10(11):1772. PMID: 30445721
- Seufert V. Contribution of Organic Agriculture to Global Sustainable Food Security (Doctoral dissertation, McGill University Libraries) 2015 Nov.
Updated: August 20th, 2019 14:17