Printing, copying, and scanning are available on the 1st and 2nd floors of the library. All printers are capable of color or black & white, and single (simplex) or double-sided (duplex) printing/ copying. Materials can be printed from a library computer or a personal phone, laptop, or tablet at the library or from home.
An additional the BookScan Station is available in the Reference Room to scan books or multiple-page documents. Scanned files can be sent to email, saved to USB Drive or Google Drive, or faxed.
Patrons with large print or copy jobs (single or multiple documents totaling over 100 pages) should work with teh print shop in the Ward basement to process their jobs.
Printing costs and payment
Northwestern users print through Northwestern Print. Printing costs are:
- Black and white prints: 3 cents per side
- Color prints: 10 cents per side
Learn more about adding money to your account. Please note that no refunds are issued for funds that are unused when you leave the University.
Library printer and scanner locations
All printers are capable of color or black & white, simplex or duplex printing, copying and scanning. A dedicated SimpleScan station is also availalbe for scanning books or mutliple page documents. Locations for devices include:
- Study Area, 1st floor - multifunction printer
- Eckenhoff Reading Room, 1st floor - SimpleScan station
- East end, 2nd floor (near library elevator) - multifunction printer
Whether you are working at a computer at the library or working remotely, you will print through Northwestern Print. A NetID and password are required to log in. Yout will need to first send a print job, then release the job from one of the library printers.
Send a print job from a library workstation
- Follow the normal procedure for printing from a PC or Macintosh (i.e. click File>Print). Choose B&W or Color, and Single or Double Sided printing from the "StudentPay" options.
- Go to any printer in the library to release a job. Printers are available on the 1st and 2nd floors of Galter Library.
Send a print job from your personal device or outside the library
- Login to Northwestern Print using your NetID and password. You will need to be connected to the Northwestern network via Eduroam or Northwestern wifi, or the VPN in order to connect.
- Click on the "Web Print" link in the site's left-hand navigation.
- Click on the "Submit a Job" link.
- Select the Black & White or Color; Simplex or duplex queue you need.
- When you arrive at a library printer, release your print job from the queue. If you do not release your job within 24 hours of uploading a file to your queue it will be automatically deleted.
Release a print job
- Go to one of hte printers in the library
- Tap your Wildcard or NM badge on the Cardreader, or login with your NetID and password.
- Follow the directions on screen to select the print job(s) you would like to release.
- Pickup your print jobs from the printer.
Manage Your Account
In addition to submitting printing jobs through Northwestern Print, you can also manage the following items on your print account:
- Set up a PIN for your account
- Add money to your Print account using a credit card. ($10 minimum)
- Check the balance on your account.
- Upload a document to print from your laptop.
- See a history of your printing activity.
Galter Library does not charge for the use of the BookScan station or scanning on the multi-function printers. With the BookScan scanner, you can email a scan or save it to a USB device or Google Docs.
How to use the BookScan station
- To scan a document, begin by tapping the screen of the BookScan station.
- Select the scanning device you wish to use. If you are scanning a bound document, select the flatbed scanner. If you are scanning loose sheets, select the scanner with the document feed. Then tap "Next."
- Select the destination for your scanned document: a USB drive, Google Docs, or email. Then tap "Next."
- Read the copyright and maximum file size notifications and tap on "Accept."
- Select your preferred file format, color mode, and resolution. BookScan defaults to PDF, grayscale, and standard resolution. To minimize the size of the scanned document, select "Photo Quality." Then tap "Next."
- Read the instructions on the screen for scanning your document and tap "Next."
- Scan your document, and tap on "Send" when you are finished.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save or email your scanned document.
Updated: August 4, 2023