Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center would like to extend a warm welcome to all new students who have just joined us here at Northwestern University as well as all our returning students. Here are some quick answers to get you situated quickly:
- The library is open! We ask that you read our visitor guidelines to know what to expect and enjoy the space in a safe and productive manner.
- You can access the wireless network from most locations in the library. Use "Northwestern."
- Printing is available on the first floor, mezzanine or second floor. Costs are 10 cents per double-sided sheet for black and white; 7 cents for single-sided black and white; 25 cents for color.
- Scanning is available. Use the BookScan station in the Eckenhoff Reference Room.
- Remote access to online library resources is possible by signing in to the library website or NU VPN. Click My Galter at the top-right part of the home page to get started.
- Conference rooms are currently closed.
- Many of your required textbooks are available online (see the program specific guides below). Electronic article reserves are available through eMerg (MD program) or Canvas (other programs).
- Your librarian is Molly Beestrum, who supports the MD, PA, PT, MPO, MPH, RSM, and Genetic Counseling programs. For other programs, check our liaison librarian list.
Useful web pages:
- About Us: Find out about hours, library computing, and general information on the library.
- Library Services FAQs: Questions geared to the needs of the new user.
- Library Classes: Take a class on EndNote, PubMed, and more. All classes are being held online until further notice.
- Feinberg Information Technology is available to assist you with common networking computer problems, NetID and email issues, off-campus connections and standard productivity software questions. Check out Feinberg IT’s FAQ for direction on these topics and more.
Program-specific guides to help you find resources:
Updated: September 17, 2021