The User Services department is responsible for all public areas and service points within the library. User Services staff members will help you locate materials online or in our collection. They also maintain the library's physical collection and space, prepare new materials to go onto the shelves, and repair items that have been damaged by time or repeated use.
Circulation and Reserves (Front Desk)
The Circulation Desk is the first and last desk users see in the library and many library services are centralized here. Available services include:
- Check out materials
- Access reserve books or models
- Pick up books you have ordered from other libraries
- Return items you have checked out
- Schedule group study rooms
- Check out equipment (Blood pressure cuffs, diagnostic tools, extension cords, laptop locks, computer peripherals and more)
- Find out about printing and scanning or report problems
- Get answers to your questions
If you have problems, questions or need help, feel free to ask or comment at the front desk, or call 312-503-8126.
Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery
The staff in Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery is responsible for:
- Handling requests from library patrons for books and journal articles that the library does not own
- Obtaining electronic copies of print journal articles the library does own for select user groups
- Providing materials owned by Galter to other libraries who wish to borrow them for their users via interlibrary loan (ILL).
Sign in now to make a request for an article or book.
Library Computing and Software
Public computers are distributed throughout the library. In addition to Microsoft Office and web browsers, some computers are equipped with specialized software packages. Find out more through the following links:
Updated: April 2nd, 2019 11:08