The User Services department is responsible for all public areas and service points within the library. User Services staff members also maintain the shelves of books and journals, prepare new materials to go onto the shelves, and repair items that have been damaged by time or repeated use.
Circulation and Reserves (Front Desk)
The Circulation Desk is the first and last desk users see in the library and many library services are centralized here. Available services include:
- Check out materials
- Access reserve books or anatomical models
- Pick up books you have ordered from other libraries
- Return items you have checked out
You can also:
- Schedule group study rooms
- Check out equipment (portable drives, Ethernet cables, extension cords, laptop locks, and more
- Find out about copying and printing or report problems
- Get answers to your questions
If you have problems, questions or need help, feel free to ask or comment at the front desk, or call 312-503-8126.
The staff in Document Delivery is responsible for:
- Handling requests from library patrons for books and journal articles that the library does not own
- Scanning and posting to our server copies of print journal articles the library does own for select user groups
- Providing materials owned by Galter to other libraries who wish to borrow them for their users via interlibrary loan (ILL).
Library Computing and Software
Public computers are distributed throughout the library. In addition to Microsoft Office and web browsers, some computers are equipped with specialized software packages. Find out more through the following links:
Reference staff answer questions from users on a variety of topics such as how to request a copy of an article Galter does not own, setting up a My NCBI account, providing information on how to use Endnote to format your bibliographies, or simply how to print something.
Updated: August 21st, 2015 15:30