Ramune K. Kubilius, MALS, AHIP
Collection Development / Special Projects Librarian
Publications and Presentations
Kubilius, Ramune K. and Keller Young, Megan. Local Information Network Support and Shared Expertise: the 20-year Experience of CAMA. SLA Midwest Symposium, June 10, 2022. [virtual lightning talk]
Kubilius, Ramune. Unseen Labor: An ATG Interview with Ann Kardos and Gretchen Neidhardt. Against the Grain: Linking Publishers, Vendors and Librarians 34(2): 68-70, April 2022. Charleston Hub blog posting. Full article.
Fay, Brenda; Hoover, Sara; Kubilius, Ramune; Moore, Stephen; Palmer, Lisa; Williams, Gayle. The Inaugural MIRL (Medical Institutional Repositories in Libraries) Symposium [case report, submitted].
- Kubilius, Ramune and Butzen-Cahill, Tim. Health Sciences Ebooks in 2021: Availability, Challenges, and Trends, Special ebooks issue, Against the Grain: Linking Publishers, Vendors and Librarians 43:4, September 2021.
- Kubilius, Ramune. Scholarly Communication and Publishing Developments: A Sampling. Breakthroughs August 2021, p. 11 [Feinberg School of Medicine, Research Office, monthly newsletter].
- Collection Development Best Practices. Compiled by Ariel Pomputius, Karen McElfresh, Ramune Kubilius. Medical Library Association Collection Development Caucus [formerly: Section] (Version 1.0, 2019).
- Barr G., Espinoza A.M., Gutzman K.E., Kubilius R.K., Lattal K.A., Miller C.H., Wescott A.B., Zmaczynski M.A. Operations Saving Lives: Northwestern as the 12th General Hospital During WWII. Poster exhibit presented at Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center. 2019 August; Chicago, IL. [virtual exhibit]
- Kipnis, Daniel G; Palmer, Lisa A; Kubilius, Ramune K. The Institutional Repository Landscape in Medical Schools and Academic Health Centers: A 2018 Snapshot View and Analysis. Journal of the Medical Library Association 107(4): 488-98, October 2019. DOI: 10.5195/jmla.2019.653. PMC6774547.
- Kubilius, Ramune. Ensuring Style Consistency in Your Manuscripts' References. Breakthroughs October 2019, p. 10. [Feinberg School of Medicine, Office of Research, monthly newsletter]
- Pastva, Joelen, Bart Davis, Karen Gutzman, Stacy Konkiel, Ramune Kubilius, and Aaron Sorenson. "Compelling evidence: new tools and methods for aligning collections with the research mission." NASIG 34th Annual Conference. Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh, PA. 15 June 2019. Conference presentation.
- Kubilius, Ramune K. On the Winds of Change: The Health Sciences Institutional Repository Landscape-Highlights from a recent survey’s findings. Presentation in: On the Winds of Change- Repositories, Researchers, and Technologies (18th Health Sciences Lively Lunchtime Discussion). Charleston Conference: Issues in Book & Serial Acquisition, 2018 annual conference, Charleston, SC, November 5-9, 2018. Expanded abstract in Proceedings.
- Kubilius, Ramune K. Anniversaries and Commemorations: Opportunities for Health Sciences Librarians. Health Science Librarians of Illinois (HSLI) annual conference, Rockford, IL, September 26-28, 2018. [lightning talk].
- Kubilius, Ramune K., Special health sciences issue editor (and author of Introductions), Trends in the Health Sciences and Biomedical Sciences Information Landscape: Introduction. Against the Grain: Linking Publishers, Vendors and Librarians 30(4), September 2018.
- Palmer, Lisa; Dan Kipnis; Ramune K. Kubilius. Taking the Temperature of Health Sciences IRs: A Survey and Analysis of Medical Schools' Institutional Repositories. Open Repositories 2018 Conference (OR), Bozeman, MT, June 4-7, 2018. [conference presentation]
- Kubilius, Ramune K. Librarian as Physician Immigrant History Researcher: A Confluence of Questions, Sources, and Challenges. Association for the Advancement of Baltic Studies (AABS) 2018 Conference, Stanford University, June 1-3, 2018. [conference presentation]
- Kipnis, Dan; Lisa Palmer; Ramune K. Kubilius. Taking the Pulse of Health Sciences IRs: An Environmental Scan of Medical Schools’ Institutional Repositories. Southern Miss Institutional Repository Conference (SMIRC), Hattiesberg, MS, April 26-27, 2018. [conference presentation]
- Ilik, Violeta; Piotr Hebal; Anton Olson; Susan Wishnetsky; Joelen Pastva; Ramune Kubilius; Jonathan Shank; Karen Gutzman; Margarita Chung; Kristi Holmes. DigitalHub: A Repository Focused on the Future. Medical Reference Services Quarterly 37(1):31-42, 2018. [Open Access copy in PubMed Central]
2017 and earlier
- Pastva, Joelen; Jonathan Shank; Karen E. Gutzman; Madhuri Kaul; Ramune K. Kubilius. Capturing and Analyzing Publication, Citation, and Usage Data for Contextual Collection Development. NASIG 32nd Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN, June 9, 2017. Conference presentation. Serials Librarian 2018: 102-110.
Kubilius, Ramune. What We’re Doing: NLM Traveling Exhibits at Northwestern University. Medical Library Association, History of the Health Sciences Section blog, Incipit, posted March 29, 2017.
Kubilius, Ramune K., Featured article, Taking Advantage of Opportunities to Network and Learn Outside of Librarianship, Doody Core Titles, June 2014.
Shedlock J; Sims R; Kubilius R. Promoting and Teaching the History of Medicine in an Undergraduate Curriculum. [Paper Presentation], Medical Library Association annual meeting, Honolulu, HI, May 2009.
Kubilius, Ramune K., Special health sciences issue editor (and author of Introductions), Against the Grain: Linking Publishers, Vendors and Librarians: 2014: 26(2), April, 2014; 2011/2012: v.23(6) December 2011/January 2012; 2008: v.20(5), November 2008.
- Shedlock J, Sims RH, Kubilius RK. Promoting and teaching the history of medicine in a medical school curriculum. J Med Libr Assoc. 2012 Apr;100(2):138-41. PMID: 22514512; PMC3324806.
- Kubilius, Ramune, e-Books in the Health Sciences: Trends and Challenges, Against the Grain 17(1): 36, 38-40, special electronic books issue, February 2005.
- Kubilius, Ramune K. and Walton, Linda, Seize the E-Journal: Models for Archiving Symposium: Report, J Med Libr Assoc 93(1): 126-9, January 2005. PMID:15685287; PMC545134.
- McGaghie WC; Downing SM; Kubilius R, What is the Impact of Commercial Test Preparation Courses on Medical Examination Performance?, Teach Learn Med. 2004 Spring;16(2):202-11. PMID:15294461.
- Kubilius, Ramune K. Holistic Thinking in Collections and Collection Development. Health Science Librarians of Illinois (HSLI) annual conference, held virtually October 27-29, 2021. DOI: 10.18131/g3-s3ss-t430
- Barr, Gabrielle; Espinoza, Abebi; Gutzman, Karen; Kubilius, Ramune; Lattal, Katie; Miller, Corinne; Wescott, Annie; and Zmaczynski, Mary Anne. Preserving and Honoring the Legacy of WWII Medical Efforts. Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association vConference 2020. DOI: 10.18131/g3-havk-rp07
- Kubilius, Ramune K. Medical Archives and History: Local Informational Network Support and Shared Expertise of CAMA. Poster Presentation, Health Science Librarians of Illinois (HSLI) annual conference, Champaign, IL, September 2019. DOI: 10.18131/g3-zx67-cx41
- Miller, Corinne; Wescott, Annie; Kubilius, Ramune; Q. Eileen Wafford. Development and Validation of a Search Filter in PubMed MEDLINE for Immigrant Health Disparities. Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association annual conference, Chicago, IL, May 2019. DOI: 10.18131/g3-861k-y439
- Kubilius, Ramune; Gutzman, Karen; Miller, Corinne. Collaborating Within the Library: Bringing History and Impact to the Forefront. Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter / Medical Library Association annual conference, Ypsilanti, MI, October 2017 and Health Science Librarians of Illinois annual conference, Bloomington, IL, October 2017. DOI: 10.18131/G3NX5XI
- Kubilius, Ramune. Medical Bookplates (Ex Libris) Continue to Fascinate. Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter / Medical Library Association annual conference, Ypsilanti, MI, October 2017 and Health Science Librarians of Illinois annual conference, Bloomington, IL, October 2017. DOI: 10.18131/G3SM7T
- Ilik, Violeta; Hebal, Piotr; Olson, Tony; Stirnaman, Jason; Kubilius, Ramune; Wishnetsky, Susan; Gutzman, Karen; Shank, Jonathan; Holmes, Kristi: "Supporting the Spectrum of Scholarship in DigitalHub". Poster Presentation, Force 2016 Conference, Portland, OR, April 2016. figshare
- Kubilius, Ramune K. Learning About the World of Special Collections: Stewardship, Inventories, Treasure Hunts, Genealogy...Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter / Medical Library Association annual conference, Louisville, KY, October 2015. DOI: 10.18131/G37P4D
- Kubilius RK and Rethlefsen ML. One (Online) Site: A New Paradigm for MLA Concurrent Session Planning? Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association annual meeting, Boston, MA, May 2013 and Midwest Chapter / MLA annual meeting, East Peoria, IL, October 2013. DOI: 10.18131/G3KW2T
- Kim J; Garfield CF; Suhr K; Kubilius R; Silver R. Perinatal Depression Content in Electronic and Print Textbooks from Multiple Medical Specialties. Poster Presentation, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology annual meeting, San Francisco, CA, May 2010.
Updated: June 10, 2022