The Access Services Department is the primary point of contact for library users. We connect Feinberg School of Medicine students, staff, and faculty to the resources and services they need, whether the resources are from the Library’s print or online collections or from the collections of other libraries. The department maintains the library's print collections and spaces and also provides support to projects across all Library departments.
Library Services (Front Desk)
The Library Services desk is the first and last desk users see in the library. Available services here include:
- Check out materials
- Access reserve books or models
- Pick up books you have ordered from other libraries
- Return items you have checked out
- Schedule group study rooms
- Check out equipment (Blood pressure cuffs, diagnostic tools, extension cords, laptop locks, computer peripherals and more)
- Find out about printing and scanning or report problems
- Get answers to your questions
If you have problems, questions or need help, feel free to ask or comment at the front desk, or call 312-503-8126.
Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery
The Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery department helps patrons acquire books, book chapters or journal articles from both our on- and off-site collections, or from other institutions when we do not own the requested item.
Sign in now to make a request.
Library Computing and Software
Public computers are distributed throughout the library. In addition to Microsoft Office and web browsers, some computers are equipped with specialized software packages. Find out more through the following links:
Updated: May 10, 2021