An introduction to the basic aspects of creating, building, and managing a collection of bibliographic references using EndNote software. Learn how to add citations to an EndNote library and create a bibliography in Word using an EndNote library.
Depending on the instructor, this class might be taught using a Windows or a Mac OS. All users should be able to follow along regardless of platform.
At the completion of this class, the participant will:
- Understand the purpose of using EndNote, a bibliographic management program
- Know how to create a new library and add references to an existing library by manual entry, by searching databases through EndNote software, and by importing search results from a saved database search
- Be able to perform searches and edit references within an EndNote library
- Know how to use EndNote in conjunction with Microsoft Word to insert citations within text and generate a bibliography formatted in a desired style
- Know how EndNote can be acquired
Galter librarians have created video tutorials for Endnote 20.
Our EndNote 20 videos are hosted in DigitalHub and may require an NU NetID login. For best quality, select Download to view videos.