An introduction to the basic aspects of creating, building, and managing a collection of bibliographic references using EndNote software. Learn how to add citations to an EndNote library and create a bibliography in Word using an EndNote library.
Depending on the instructor, this class might be taught using a Windows or a Mac OS. All users should be able to follow along regardless of platform.
At the completion of this class, the participant will:
- Understand the purpose of using EndNote, a bibliographic management program
- Know how to create a new library and add references to an existing library by manual entry, by searching databases through EndNote software, and by importing search results from a saved database search
- Be able to perform searches and edit references within an EndNote library
- Know how to use EndNote in conjunction with Microsoft Word to insert citations within text and generate a bibliography formatted in a desired style
- Know how EndNote can be acquired
Galter librarians have created video tutorials for Endnote 20. Our EndNote 20 videos are hosted in Zoom and may require an NU NetID login.
- Endnote 20 Part 1: Getting Started
- Endnote 20 Part 2: Getting Citations In
- Endnote 20 Part 3: Organizing Citations
- Endnote 20 Part 4: Getting Citations Out