An introduction to information resources in evidence-based medicine, designed for those who need to find up-to-date, clinically relevant information quickly. Databases such as Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, ACP Journal Club, Cochrane Controlled Trials Register, and Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effectiveness (DARE) will be covered.
CLASS OBJECTIVES: At the completion of this class, the participant will:
- Have a general understanding of evidence based medicine
- Locate evidence-based medicine article citations in the various EBM databases available through Galter Library, including the Cochrane Library
- Locate evidence-based medicine article citations in Ovid MEDLINE using library-created filters and the Ovid Clinical Queries limits
- Locate evidence-based medicine article citations in the National Library of Medicine's PubMed database using "Clinical Queries".
- Locate other Internet resources used in practicing evidence-based medicine.
There are no Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) Resources classes scheduled at this time.