An introduction to information resources in evidence-based medicine, designed for those who need to find up-to-date, clinically relevant information quickly. Databases such as Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Cochrane Controlled Trials Register, and MEDLINE search filters are covered.
CLASS OBJECTIVES: At the completion of this class, the participant will:
- Have a general understanding of evidence based medicine
- Locate evidence-based medicine article citations in the various EBM databases available through Galter Library, including the Cochrane Library
- Locate evidence-based medicine article citations in Ovid MEDLINE using library-created filters and the Ovid Clinical Queries limits
- Locate evidence-based medicine article citations in the National Library of Medicine's PubMed database using "Clinical Queries".
- Locate other Internet resources used in practicing evidence-based medicine.
There are no Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) Resources classes scheduled at this time.