Library Classes: Ensembl Genome Browser
You have probably heard of or used the UCSC Genome Browser, but the Ensembl Genome Browser is a platform that also contains a wealth of information on dozens of species’ genomic data. This hands-on demonstration will show users how to navigate the basic Ensembl interface and find resources and supporting data from the Ensembl web site.
Users will learn:
- How to search for information from the Ensembl home page
- How to navigate the basic browser view, change data displayed and navigate between tabbed results
- How to access transcript, variation, regulation and expression data
- How to query BioMart
- How to use the Variant Effect Predictor
- Where to find support and training materials
- Genome Browsers - The Ensembl Genome Browser (Galter Library guide)
- Ensembl's help & documentation pages
There are no Ensembl Genome Browser classes scheduled at this time.