An introduction to basic concepts in research data management including University retention requirements, data management plan requirements, data documentation, file naming conventions, metadata, and sharing research data.
Upon completion of this one-hour workshop, participants will:
- Understand and be able to apply best practices for file naming and documentation
- Be familiar with basic tidy data best practices
- Be familiar with metadata best practices
- Understand and be able to locate online Federal funder requirements for data sharing
- Be familiar with publication and data sharing tools available both at Northwestern and through the Web