An introduction to basic concepts in research data management including University retention requirements, data management plan requirements, data documentation, file naming conventions, metadata, and sharing research data.
Upon completion of this one-hour workshop, participants will:
- Understand and be able to apply best practices for file naming and documentation
- Be familiar with basic tidy data best practices
- Be familiar with metadata best practices
- Understand and be able to locate online Federal funder requirements for data sharing
- Be familiar with publication and data sharing tools available both at Northwestern and through the Web
The following class recording is hosted in Northwestern Medicine's institutional repository, DigitalHub, and requires an NU NetID login. Once in DigitalHub, click the "Download" link for the best quality.
Best Practices in Research Data Management and Data Sharing: Video | Transcript
There are no Best Practices in Research Data Management and Data Sharing classes scheduled at this time.