This workshop provides an introduction to databases and the Structured Query Language (SQL) for clinical researchers. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to databases
- Normalization and data modeling
- Introduction to SQL
- Recognizing bad data
- Documentation and metadata
- In-class programming exercises using a mock clinical database
Prior to attending this workshop, participants should install one of the following SQL clients to run example queries in real time:
- DBeaver: Available for Windows, Mac, and *NIX
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS): Windows only
The procedure for connecting to the sandbox database will be given by the instructor.
There are no Introduction to SQL for Clinical Researchers classes scheduled at this time.