Scoping reviews are becoming an increasingly used methodology for conducting evidence syntheses of the literature. This class provides an overview of scoping reviews and the process of conducting one.
At the completion of this class, participants will be able to:
- Identify key differences between a scoping review and systematic review
- Identify key steps in the scoping review process
- Develop a robust protocol using the PRISMA Extension for Scoping Reviews (PRISMA-ScR)
- Identify tools and strategies for reporting in accordance to the PRISMA-ScR checklist
- Understand if a scoping review is the right approach for a project