An introduction to basic searching of the National Library of Medicine's biomedical database, MEDLINE, using the PubMed interface.
At the completion of this class, the participant will:
- Understand what PubMed is as well as its major subsections (MEDLINE, PreMEDLINE and Publisher Supplied Citations)
- Be familiar with each of the following sections of the PubMed interface: Limits, History, Clipboard, and Details
- Know how to formulate and execute a MEDLINE search
- Be able to sort, print, and save selected citations
- Know the basics of using some of the additional tools that are a part of PubMed (Journal Browser, MeSH Browser, and Single Citation Matcher)