An introduction to basic searching of the National Library of Medicine's biomedical database, MEDLINE, using the Ovid search interface.
CLASS OBJECTIVES: At the completion of this class, the participant will:
- Know how to access Ovid MEDLINE when on-campus or off-campus
- Know the scope of the MEDLINE database
- Understand how to convert a problem/question into a search strategy
- Understand the difference between using Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) and keyword searching, and know how to use Ovid's mapping feature
- Understand how to explode and focus a search
- Understand limits and how they can be used to further refine a search
- Understand the content and format of a citation record and how to access full-text where available
- Know how to print, save, or e-mail the search results
- Know how to save search results for importing into a reference management program such as EndNote
There are no Ovid MEDLINE classes scheduled at this time.