Ramune K. Kubilius, MALS, AHIP
Collection Development / Special Projects Librarian
Publications and Presentations
Kubilius, Ramune K. On the Winds of Change: The Health Sciences Institutional Repository Landscape-Highlights from a recent survey’s findings. Presentation in: On the Winds of Change- Repositories, Researchers, and Technologies (18th Health Sciences Lively Lunchtime Discussion). Charleston Conference: Issues in Book & Serial Acquisition, 2018 annual conference, Charleston, SC, November 5-9, 2018.
Kubilius, Ramune K. Anniversaries and Commemorations: Opportunities for Health Sciences Librarians. Health Science Librarians of Illinois (HSLI) annual conference, Rockford, IL, September 26-28, 2018. [lightning talk]. DOI: 10.18131/g3-hbvn-dh57
Kubilius, Ramune K., Special health sciences issue editor (and author of Introductions), Trends in the Health Sciences and Biomedical Sciences Information Landscape: Introduction. Against the Grain: Linking Publishers, Vendors and Librarians 30(4), September 2018.
Palmer, Lisa; Dan Kipnis; Ramune K. Kubilius. Taking the Temperature of Health Sciences IRs: A Survey and Analysis of Medical Schools' Institutional Repositories. Open Repositories 2018 Conference (OR), Bozeman, MT, June 4-7, 2018. [conference presentation]
Kubilius, Ramune K. Librarian as Physician Immigrant History Researcher: A Confluence of Questions, Sources, and Challenges. Association for the Advancement of Baltic Studies (AABS) 2018 Conference, Stanford University, June 1-3, 2018. [conference presentation]
Kipnis, Dan; Lisa Palmer; Ramune K. Kubilius. Taking the Pulse of Health Sciences IRs: An Environmental Scan of Medical Schools’ Institutional Repositories. Southern Miss Institutional Repository Conference (SMIRC), Hattiesberg, MS, April 26-27, 2018. [conference presentation]
Ilik, Violeta; Piotr Hebal; Anton Olson; Susan Wishnetsky; Joelen Pastva; Ramune Kubilius; Jonathan Shank; Karen Gutzman; Margarita Chung; Kristi Holmes. DigitalHub: A Repository Focused on the Future. Medical Reference Services Quarterly 37(1):31-42, 2018. DOI: 10.1080/02763869.2018.1404386. Open Access copy in PubMed Central: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6192248/
2017 and earlier
- Pastva, Joelen; Jonathan Shank; Karen E. Gutzman; Madhuri Kaul; Ramune K. Kubilius. Capturing and Analyzing Publication, Citation, and Usage Data for Contextual Collection Development. NASIG 32nd Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN, June 9, 2017. Conference presentation. Serials Librarian 2018 DOI: http://10.1080/0361526X.2018.1427996
- Kubilius, Ramune K., Special health sciences issue editor (and author of Introductions), Against the Grain: Linking Publishers, Vendors and Librarians: 2014: 26(2), April, 2014; 2011/2012: v.23(6) December 2011/January 2012; 2008: v.20(5), November 2008.
- McGaghie WC; Downing SM; Kubilius R, What is the Impact of Commercial Test Preparation Courses on Medical Examination Performance?, Teach Learn Med. 2004 Spring;16(2):202-11. PMID:15294461.
- Kubilius, Ramune, e-Books in the Health Sciences: Trends and Challenges, Against the Grain 17(1): 36, 38-40, special electronic books issue, February 2005.
- Kubilius, Ramune K. and Walton, Linda, Seize the E-Journal: Models for Archiving Symposium: Report, J Med Libr Assoc 93(1): 126-9, January 2005. PMID:15685287; PMC545134.
- Shedlock J; Sims R; Kubilius R. "Promoting and Teaching the History of Medicine in an Undergraduate Curriculum". Paper Presentation, Medical Library Association annual meeting, Honolulu, HI, May 2009.
- Shedlock J, Sims RH, Kubilius RK. Promoting and teaching the history of medicine in a medical school curriculum. J Med Libr Assoc. 2012 Apr;100(2):138-41. PMID: 22514512; PMC3324806.
- Kubilius, Ramune; Gutzman, Karen; Miller, Corinne. "Collaborating Within the Library: Bringing History and Impact to the Forefront" Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter / Medical Library Association annual conference, Ypsilanti, MI, October 2017 and Health Science Librarians of Illinois annual conference, Bloomington, IL, October 2017. DOI: 10.18131/G3NX5XI
- Kubilius, Ramune. "Medical Bookplates (Ex Libris) Continue to Fascinate" Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter / Medical Library Association annual conference, Ypsilanti, MI, October 2017 and Health Science Librarians of Illinois annual conference, Bloomington, IL, October 2017. DOI: 10.18131/G3SM7T
- Ilik, Violeta; Hebal, Piotr; Olson, Tony; Stirnaman, Jason; Kubilius, Ramune; Wishnetsky, Susan; Gutzman, Karen; Shank, Jonathan; Holmes, Kristi: "Supporting the Spectrum of Scholarship in DigitalHub". Poster Presentation, Force 2016 Conference, Portland, OR, April 2016. figshare
- Kubilius, Ramune K. "Learning About the World of Special Collections: Stewardship, Inventories, Treasure Hunts, Genealogy...." Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter / Medical Library Association annual conference, Louisville, KY, October 2015. DOI: 10.18131/G37P4D
- Kubilius RK and Rethlefsen ML. "One (Online) Site: A New Paradigm for MLA Concurrent Session Planning?". Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association annual meeting, Boston, MA, May 2013 and Midwest Chapter / MLA annual meeting, East Peoria, IL, October 2013. DOI: 10.18131/G3KW2T
- Kim J; Garfield CF; Suhr K; Kubilius R; Silver R. "Perinatal Depression Content in Electronic and Print Textbooks from Multiple Medical Specialties". Poster Presentation, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology annual meeting, San Francisco, CA, May 2010.
Updated: February 8th, 2019 13:22