Ramune K. Kubilius, MALS, AHIP
Collection Development / Special Projects Librarian
Publications and Presentations
- Collection Development Best Practices. Compiled by Ariel Pomputius, Karen McElfresh, Ramune Kubilius. Medical Library Association Collection Development Caucus [formerly: Section] (Version 1.0, 2019).
- Barr G., Espinoza A.M., Gutzman K.E., Kubilius R.K., Lattal K.A., Miller C.H., Wescott A.B., Zmaczynski M.A. Operations Saving Lives: Northwestern as the 12th General Hospital During WWII. Poster exhibit presented at Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center. 2019 August; Chicago, IL.
- Kipnis, Daniel G; Palmer, Lisa A; Kubilius, Ramune K. The Institutional Repository Landscape in Medical Schools and Academic Health Centers: A 2018 Snapshot View and Analysis. Journal of the Medical Library Association 107(4): 488-98, October 2019. DOI: 10.5195/jmla.2019.653. Open Access copy in PubMed Central.
- Kubilius, Ramune. Ensuring Style Consistency in Your Manuscripts' References. Breakthroughs October 2019, p. 10. [Feinberg School of Medicine, Office of Research, monthly newsletter]
- Pastva, Joelen, Bart Davis, Karen Gutzman, Stacy Konkiel, Ramune Kubilius, and Aaron Sorenson. "Compelling evidence: new tools and methods for aligning collections with the research mission." NASIG 34th Annual Conference. Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh, PA. 15 June 2019. Conference presentation.
- Kubilius, Ramune K. On the Winds of Change: The Health Sciences Institutional Repository Landscape-Highlights from a recent survey’s findings. Presentation in: On the Winds of Change- Repositories, Researchers, and Technologies (18th Health Sciences Lively Lunchtime Discussion). Charleston Conference: Issues in Book & Serial Acquisition, 2018 annual conference, Charleston, SC, November 5-9, 2018. Expanded abstract in Proceedings.
- Kubilius, Ramune K. Anniversaries and Commemorations: Opportunities for Health Sciences Librarians. Health Science Librarians of Illinois (HSLI) annual conference, Rockford, IL, September 26-28, 2018. [lightning talk].
- Kubilius, Ramune K., Special health sciences issue editor (and author of Introductions), Trends in the Health Sciences and Biomedical Sciences Information Landscape: Introduction. Against the Grain: Linking Publishers, Vendors and Librarians 30(4), September 2018.
- Palmer, Lisa; Dan Kipnis; Ramune K. Kubilius. Taking the Temperature of Health Sciences IRs: A Survey and Analysis of Medical Schools' Institutional Repositories. Open Repositories 2018 Conference (OR), Bozeman, MT, June 4-7, 2018. [conference presentation]
- Kubilius, Ramune K. Librarian as Physician Immigrant History Researcher: A Confluence of Questions, Sources, and Challenges. Association for the Advancement of Baltic Studies (AABS) 2018 Conference, Stanford University, June 1-3, 2018. [conference presentation]
- Kipnis, Dan; Lisa Palmer; Ramune K. Kubilius. Taking the Pulse of Health Sciences IRs: An Environmental Scan of Medical Schools’ Institutional Repositories. Southern Miss Institutional Repository Conference (SMIRC), Hattiesberg, MS, April 26-27, 2018. [conference presentation]
- Ilik, Violeta; Piotr Hebal; Anton Olson; Susan Wishnetsky; Joelen Pastva; Ramune Kubilius; Jonathan Shank; Karen Gutzman; Margarita Chung; Kristi Holmes. DigitalHub: A Repository Focused on the Future. Medical Reference Services Quarterly 37(1):31-42, 2018. [Open Access copy in PubMed Central]
2017 and earlier
- Pastva, Joelen; Jonathan Shank; Karen E. Gutzman; Madhuri Kaul; Ramune K. Kubilius. Capturing and Analyzing Publication, Citation, and Usage Data for Contextual Collection Development. NASIG 32nd Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN, June 9, 2017. Conference presentation. Serials Librarian 2018: 102-110.
- Kubilius, Ramune K., Special health sciences issue editor (and author of Introductions), Against the Grain: Linking Publishers, Vendors and Librarians: 2014: 26(2), April, 2014; 2011/2012: v.23(6) December 2011/January 2012; 2008: v.20(5), November 2008.
- McGaghie WC; Downing SM; Kubilius R, What is the Impact of Commercial Test Preparation Courses on Medical Examination Performance?, Teach Learn Med. 2004 Spring;16(2):202-11. PMID:15294461.
- Kubilius, Ramune, e-Books in the Health Sciences: Trends and Challenges, Against the Grain 17(1): 36, 38-40, special electronic books issue, February 2005.
- Kubilius, Ramune K. and Walton, Linda, Seize the E-Journal: Models for Archiving Symposium: Report, J Med Libr Assoc 93(1): 126-9, January 2005. PMID:15685287; PMC545134.
- Shedlock J; Sims R; Kubilius R. Promoting and Teaching the History of Medicine in an Undergraduate Curriculum. [Paper Presentation], Medical Library Association annual meeting, Honolulu, HI, May 2009.
- Shedlock J, Sims RH, Kubilius RK. Promoting and teaching the history of medicine in a medical school curriculum. J Med Libr Assoc. 2012 Apr;100(2):138-41. PMID: 22514512; PMC3324806.
- Barr, Gabrielle; Espinoza, Abebi; Gutzman, Karen; Kubilius, Ramune; Lattal, Katie; Miller, Corinne; Wescott, Annie; and Zmaczynski, Mary Anne. Preserving and Honoring the Legacy of WWII Medical Efforts. Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association vConference 2020. DOI: 10.18131/g3-havk-rp07
- Kubilius, Ramune K. Medical Archives and History: Local Informational Network Support and Shared Expertise of CAMA. Poster Presentation, Health Science Librarians of Illinois (HSLI) annual conference, Champaign, IL, September 2019. DOI: 10.18131/g3-zx67-cx41
- Miller, Corinne; Wescott, Annie; Kubilius, Ramune; Q. Eileen Wafford. Development and Validation of a Search Filter in PubMed MEDLINE for Immigrant Health Disparities. Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association annual conference, Chicago, IL, May 2019. DOI: 10.18131/g3-861k-y439
- Kubilius, Ramune; Gutzman, Karen; Miller, Corinne. Collaborating Within the Library: Bringing History and Impact to the Forefront. Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter / Medical Library Association annual conference, Ypsilanti, MI, October 2017 and Health Science Librarians of Illinois annual conference, Bloomington, IL, October 2017. DOI: 10.18131/G3NX5XI
- Kubilius, Ramune. Medical Bookplates (Ex Libris) Continue to Fascinate. Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter / Medical Library Association annual conference, Ypsilanti, MI, October 2017 and Health Science Librarians of Illinois annual conference, Bloomington, IL, October 2017. DOI: 10.18131/G3SM7T
- Ilik, Violeta; Hebal, Piotr; Olson, Tony; Stirnaman, Jason; Kubilius, Ramune; Wishnetsky, Susan; Gutzman, Karen; Shank, Jonathan; Holmes, Kristi: "Supporting the Spectrum of Scholarship in DigitalHub". Poster Presentation, Force 2016 Conference, Portland, OR, April 2016. figshare
- Kubilius, Ramune K. Learning About the World of Special Collections: Stewardship, Inventories, Treasure Hunts, Genealogy...Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter / Medical Library Association annual conference, Louisville, KY, October 2015. DOI: 10.18131/G37P4D
- Kubilius RK and Rethlefsen ML. One (Online) Site: A New Paradigm for MLA Concurrent Session Planning? Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association annual meeting, Boston, MA, May 2013 and Midwest Chapter / MLA annual meeting, East Peoria, IL, October 2013. DOI: 10.18131/G3KW2T
- Kim J; Garfield CF; Suhr K; Kubilius R; Silver R. Perinatal Depression Content in Electronic and Print Textbooks from Multiple Medical Specialties. Poster Presentation, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology annual meeting, San Francisco, CA, May 2010.
Updated: August 31, 2020