Love Data Week
February 13 ushers in the annual Love Data Week, a week when best practices, preservation, and all things data are celebrated and supported by academic libraries. Several free trainings supporting data practices, including creating visualizations and preparing data management and sharing plans, are available all week through the Network of the National Library of Medicine. Below are just a few ways that you can show some extra TLC to your data:
NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy
Thursday, February 16 at 2:00pm
Do you have specific questions about the NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy? Sign up for our virtual "office hours" with Senior Data Librarian Sara Gonzales.
- Offered via Zoom online, office hours allow you to ask questions about the NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy, without attending a full Policy class
- Q & A sessions are currently limited to 30 virtual attendees
NNLM Data Visualization Challenge
The NNLM Data Visualization Challenge, hosted by the National Evaluation Center (NEC) for the NNLM encourages participants to push the boundaries of their skills by testing out new tools, techniques, or approaches and publicly demonstrating their best visualizations. Submissions will be accepted from Wednesday, February 1, 2023 through Friday, March 31, 2023.
The NNLM Data Visualization Challenge allows you to:
- Showcase an open dataset. You can use one or more sources of data that is openly available, such as Data.gov, Kaggle.com, Census.gov.
- Focus on any audience. You can focus your efforts on designing visualizations for one or more audiences, such as policy makers, faculty and administration, or the public.
- Use your choice of tools. You can use one or more tools, such as: Excel, Tableau, Google Charts, PowerBI, and programming languages/libraries such as R, Python, SPSS, SAS.
Update your ORCID Record
Take time this Love Data Week to show a little TLC to your Open Research and Contributor ID. Review our Galter Guide on getting started with ORCID and the best ways to update your record.
The DataLab is focused on collaborative innovation, training & development, and connecting faculty, staff, and students in the Feinberg School of Medicine to data-related resources here at Northwestern. Through our free DataClinic service, we provide consultation and training for all stages of the research data life cycle and link researchers with experts who can help to resolve issues.
Follow @GalterDataLab on Twitter.
Love your data, this winter and all year long! For additional data-related resources, visit the Galter DataLab website.
Updated: March 14, 2023