Galter Health Sciences Library staff would like to extend a warm welcome to all new students who have just joined us here at Northwestern University.
- Study areas are available throughout the library including: the Reference Room and Learning Resources Center (LRC) on Level 1; the East and West Reading Rooms and Dollie’s Corner on Level 2; the study bars on Level 1 and the Mezzanine; and the Lower Level. Level 2 and the Mezzanine are designated quiet zones.
- You can access the wireless network from most locations in the library.
- Printing is available in the Reference Room, LRC, and on Level 2. Costs are 10 cents per double-sided sheet for black and white; 7 cents for single-sided black and white; 25 cents for color.
- Scanning is available in the LRC. Use either the BookScan station or the scanners attached to computers with Adobe Professional.
- Off-campus access to library Web resources is possible by signing in to the Galter Health Sciences Library website. Create a library website account now.
- Conference rooms in the LRC and on Level 2 can be reserved for group study.
- Textbooks required for classes are on reserve at the Circulation Desk, many of them are also online (see the Phase 1 Reading List); Electronic article reserves are available through eMerg.
- Personalize the library website by creating your own GalterLists, lists of favorite journals, books, and websites that you can tag and share with others.
- Get literature search help from a librarian.
Useful Web Pages
- About Us: Find out about hours, library computing, and general information on the library.
- New Library User FAQs: Questions geared to the needs of the new user.
- About GalterLists: Learn all about how to customize and personalize the library website using GalterLists.
- Library Classes: Take a class on EndNote, MEDLINE, and more.
- Technical Support for Medical Students: assistance from Feinberg Management Information Systems with NU email, NetID, and typical computer problems | Feinberg IT FAQs.
- Technical Support for Non-Medical Students: assistance from NUIT.
Updated: July 25th, 2017 13:29