As Acquisitions & E-Resources Librarian, I'm responsible for the licensing, procurement and management of Northwestern's electronic resources in the health sciences, including databases, ebooks, electronic journals and other non-print materials. I also plan our collections budget and co-chair the libary's Collections Working Group. I continuously work with my department to improve resource discovery by identifying, troubleshooting and resolving access problems. Additionally, help administer our integrated library services platform and related systems. My aim is to support Feinberg's mission of research and discovery by providing our users with seamless and reliable access to scholarly information resources.
Publications and Presentations
- Pastva, Joelen, Jonathan Shank, Karen Gutzman, Madhuri Kaul, and Ramune Kubilius. "Capturing and Analyzing Publication, Citation, and Usage Data for Contextual Collection Development." The Serials Librarian, 2018, pp. 1-9, doi:10.1080/0361526X.2018.1427996. Also presented at NASIG Annual Conference, 9 June 2017, Indianapolis, IN, http://sched.co/8iRc.
- Ilik, Violeta, Piotr Hebal, Anton Olson, Susan Wishnetsky, Joelen Pastva, Ramune Kubilius, Jonathan Shank, Karen Gutzman, Margarita Chung, and Kristi Holmes. "DigitalHub: A Repository Focused on the Future." Medical Reference Services Quarterly, Vol. 37, no. 1, 2018, 31-42, doi:10.1080/02763869.2018.1404386.
- Kubilius, Ramune, Jean Gudenas, Laura Schimming, Jonathan Shank, Neal Nixon and Vida Vaughn. “Where Are We? Providing Information for the Clinical Enterprise.” Charleston Library Conference, 9 November 2017, Charleston, SC. Conference Panel Presentation, http://sched.co/CHps.
- Shank, Jonathan. “Does COUNTER Tell the Whole Story? Case-By-Case Examples Demonstrating the Limitations of COUNTER, and Suggestions for Alternative Evaluation Metrics.” CARLI Spring Forum on Collections Data Analysis and Maintenance, 28 April 2017, Governors State University, University Park, IL. Conference Presentation, doi:10.18131/G33K8N.
- Shank, Jonathan. “Strategies for Re-Establishing Legacy License Agreements.” Electronic Resources and Libraries (ER&L) Conference, 4 April 2017, Austin, TX. Conference Presentation, doi:10.18131/G3ZS5B.
- Ilik, Violeta, Piotr Hebal, Tony Olson, Jason Stirnaman, Ramune Kubilius, Susan Wishnetsky, Karen Gutzman, Jonathan Shank and Kristi Holmes. “Supporting the Spectrum of Scholarship in DigitalHub.” FORCE2016 Conference, 6 April 2016, Portland, OR. Conference Poster, doi:10.6084/m9.figshare.3159853.v1.
- Shank, Jonathan, Piotr Hebal and Jason Stirnaman. “Hack the Link Resolver: A DIY, Tailored Approach to Full Text Linking in PubMed.” Electronic Resources and Libraries (ER&L) Conference, 4 April 2016, Austin, TX. Conference Presentation, doi:10.18131/G3M025.
- Shank, Jonathan. “ER&L Cross-Pollinator Reflection on the 2015 DLF Forum.” Digital Library Federation (DLF) Forum News, 19 November 2015, doi:10.18131/G30H9D.
American Library Association (ALA)
- Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS)
- Library Information Technology Association (LITA)
Medical Library Association (MLA), Technical Services Section, 2014-2015
Updated: May 19th, 2018 12:09