Linda O'Dwyer, MA, MSLIS
Head, Research and Information Services
Phone: (312) 503-8128
I support the information and training needs of student groups, faculty, staff, and residents at various departments at the Feinberg School of Medicine. See those departments listed below in the Liaison Areas section.
- for search strategy consultations, including systematic review collaboration
- to set up information resource training for faculty, residents and staff in your departments
- for EndNote training or assistance
- to learn about more effective and efficient use of library resources
Relevant guides and resources
|Departments||Centers and Institutes||Programs|
Center for Healthcare Studies
Clinical Psychology PhD Program
Publications and Presentations
Craven MR, Kia L, O’Dwyer LC, Stern E, Taft TH, Keefer L. Systematic review: methodological flaws in racial/ethnic reporting for gastroesophageal reflux disease, Diseases of the Esophagus. (2017) https://doi.org/10.1093/dote/dox154
Keswani RN, Qumseya BJ, O'Dwyer LC, Wani S. Association Between Endoscopist and Center Endoscopic Q1 Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography Volume With Procedure Success and Adverse Outcomes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. (2017) Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2017 Dec;15(12):1866-1875.e3. doi: 10.1016/j.cgh.2017.06.002. Epub 2017 Jun 10.
Berian JR, Cuddy A, Francescatti AB, O’Dwyer L, Nancy You Y, Volk RJ, Chang GJ. A systematic review of patient perspectives on surveillance after colorectal cancer treatment. J Cancer Survivorship. 2017;11(5):542-52.
Musa J, Achenbach CJ, O’Dwyer LC, Evans CT, McHugh M, Hou L, Simon MA, Murphy RL, Jordan N. Effect of cervical cancer education and provider recommendation for screening on screening rates: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLOS ONE. September 5, 2017.
Balbale SN, Trivedi I, O’ Dwyer L, McHugh M, Evans CT, Jordan N, Keefer L. Strategies to identify and reduce opioid misuse among patients with gastrointestinal disorders: A systematic scoping review. Dig Dis Sci. 2017 Aug 5. doi: 10.1007/s10620-017-4705-9. [Epub ahead of print]
Badawy SM, Barrera L, Sinno MG, Kaviany S, O’Dwyer LC, Kuhns LM. Text Messaging and Mobile Phone Apps as Interventions to Improve Adherence in Adolescents With Chronic Health Conditions: A Systematic Review. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth 2017;5(5):e66. DOI: 10.2196/mhealth.7798
Capó-Lugo CE, Kho AN, O'Dwyer LC, Rosenman MB. Data Sharing and DataRegistries in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. PM R. 2017 May;9(5S):S59-S74.
doi: 10.1016/j.pmrj.2017.04.003. Review. PubMed PMID: 28527505.
Matthews LR, OʼDwyer L, OʼNeill E. Intrauterine Device Insertion Failure After Misoprostol Administration: A Systematic Review. Obstet Gynecol. 2016 Nov;128(5):1084-1091. PMID: 27741184
McHugh M, Maechling CR, Dunlop DD, O’Dwyer L, French D, Khare RK, Nannicelli AP, Brown AR, Holl JL. Employer-Led Efforts to Improve the Value of Health Spending. Am J Accountable Care, published online March 2016
Morean DF, O'Dwyer L, Cherney LR. Therapies for Cognitive Deficits Associated With Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer: A Systematic Review of Objective Outcomes. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015 Oct;96(10):1880-97. doi: 10.1016/j.apmr.2015.05.012. Epub 2015 May 28. PMID: 26026579
Newman MW, O'Dwyer LC, Rosenthal L. Predicting delirium: a review of risk-stratification models. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2015 Sep-Oct;37(5):408-13. doi: 10.1016/j.genhosppsych.2015.05.003. Epub 2015 May 20. PMID: 26051015
O'Dwyer LC, Kerns SC. (2011) Evolution of an Information Literacy Curriculum for Third-Year Medical Students. Medical Reference Services Quarterly 30(3), 221-232
Ehrlich-Jones L, O'Dwyer L, Stevens K, Deutsch A. "Searching the Literature for Evidence." Rehabil Nurs. 2008 Jul-Aug;33(4):163-9. (abstract in PubMed)
- Walton L, Kerns S, Munson K, O'Dwyer L, Powell C, Shedlock J. “The impact of the Web on reference.” Hypothesis. 16(2): 8-9, 2002 Summer
- O'Dwyer L., Frisque M. "Citation Management on the Cheap", Workshop presentation at Health Science Librarians of Illinois Conference in Starved Rock, IL, October 2011.
- O’Dwyer L., Kerns SC. "Creating Connections: Information Literacy in the Clinical Curriculum." Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association Annual Meeting. Washington, DC, May 2010
- O'Dwyer L., Frisque M., Prevost, J. "The Library Newsletter 2.0: Stand Out in a Crowded Inbox." Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, Honolulu, May 2009
- O'Dwyer L. "Creating a Communications Strategy: Brand Vision, Promotion, and Clarifying the Library's Message." Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, Honolulu, May 2009
- Brucker J, Berendsen M, O'Dwyer L., Frisque M. "Playing with a Bad Deck: The Caveats of Card Sorting as a Website Redesign Assessment Tool." Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, Honolulu, 2009
- Frisque M., Berendsen M., Brucker J., Hunt S., O'Dwyer L., Prevost, J. "GalterLists: Integrating Social Bookmarking into the Library's Website." Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, Honolulu, May 2009
- Frisque M., O'Dwyer L., Shedlock J. "Who are we? Creating a New and Cohesive Graphic Identity for the Library." Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, Philadelphia, May 2007
- O'Dwyer L., Coyle J. "Evidence-based Surgery Training: Collaborating to Fulfill Competencies." Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, Phoenix, May 2006
- O’Dwyer L., Kerns S., Berendsen M., Brucker J. "Where’s your evidence? designing and creating an interactive evidence-based medicine (EBM) tutorial." Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, San Antonio, May 2005
- O’Dwyer L., Kerns S., Berendsen M., Munson K., Walton L., Powell C. “Amplifying usability testing: harness the power of Camtasia Studio.” Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, Washington D.C., May 2004
- Munson K., Walton L., O’Dwyer L., Kerns S., Berendsen M. "Connectivity and Computer Questions: Improving Practice Through Question Analysis." Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, Washington D.C., May 2004.
- Kerns S., O’Dwyer L., Walton L., Munson K., Berendsen M., Brucker J., Frisque M., Hunt S. “Developing an interactive PubMed tutorial: one library’s experience.” Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter/Medical Library Association, Indianapolis, September 2003
- Berendsen M., O’Dwyer L. “Breaking down barriers: reaching out to surgery residents.” Poster Presentation, MLA, San Diego, May 2003
- O’Dwyer L., Sims R., Shedlock J. “Electronic bookplates: finding new ways to acknowledge benefactors and solicit future support.” Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, San Diego, May 2003
- O’Dwyer L., Kerns S., Walton L., Munson K., Powell C. “Is your Web site as usable as it should be?” Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter/Medical Library Association, Minneapolis, October 2002.
- Kerns S., O’Dwyer L., Walton L., Munson K., Powell C., “Marketing an education program to an academic medical center.” Poster Presentation, Midwest Chapter/Medical Library Association, Minneapolis, October 2002
- O’Dwyer L., Kerns S., Walton L., Munson K., Powell C., “Usability testing of a health sciences library Web site.” Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, Dallas, May 2002
- Kerns S., O’Dwyer L., Walton L., Munson K., Powell C. “Marketing a health sciences library’s education program.” Poster Presentation, Medical Library Association, Dallas, May 2002
Updated: April 17th, 2018 14:47